Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Linkedin

Don Presant's profile picture

29 December 2015, 8:30

Hi Gregor:

This is great...I will try it out. Should it also work with 15.04?

Don

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 December 2015, 8:45

Hi Don,

You'll need to use the old plugin and upgrade that. Mahara 15.10 uses Bootstrap and is not necessarily backwards compatible.

Cheers

Kristina

29 December 2015, 10:33

Ah...but the old plugin wasn't working, likely due to changes at LinkedIn. I was hoping this would solve that. Hmm.

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

30 December 2015, 9:01

Don hi.

I have just tested the new version against Mahara 15.04. It is not that "flashy" but it works without problems.

The changes that were on the LinkedIn side are described here: https://developer.linkedin.com/support/developer-program-transition

One main thing is that "full profile" is not that that full anymore:
The r_fullprofile and  r_contactinfo member permissions are now only available exclusively to applications accepted to the Apply with LinkedIn partner program.  As a result, you will only be able to request this member permission if your application has been approved by LinkedIn for this particular use.

HTH

Gregor

30 December 2015, 9:33

OK, thanks Gregor, I'll try it out!

I wonder if LinkedIn will see our Mahara as a good partner; I'll look into it.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, even if you do spend it coding!

29 December 2015, 8:47

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for updating your plugin! That's a great Christmas present. I linked to the repository on the plugins page. Do you also want to move all other versions to Github to have them in one repository?

Cheers

Kristina

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

30 December 2015, 9:04

Kristina I will have to think about that.

How does one add all the previous versions of the plugin to the git repository so that they appear before the latest version?

Kind regards, G

30 December 2015, 14:58

Hi Gregor,

Couldn't you just set up a new branch for the old versions? I think they don't need to be set before your current code since your current one already incorporates some of the old. So the branches would only be their for historical reasons and if someone still needs the old code.

We do have branches for each release of Mahara: https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara/branches that are created off master once a release has been finalized.

Cheers

Kristina

18 results