Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Two questions about profiles

Andrew Lian's profile picture

27 November 2011, 22:43

Hello again

Hopefully my last questions.

(a) Is it possible to change the fields of the registration form and of the profile? Can I add or remove any? I suspect that the answer is "no".

(b) I understand that the profile/portfolio, etc can be made public. However, access cannot occur through the standard Mahara front-end (no way of displaying members and their profiles), only through the magic URL. Am I missing anything or is that correct?

Many thanks for any help

Andrew

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 November 2011, 23:43

Hi Andrew,

For question a, did you find <your domain>/admin/extensions/pluginconfig.php?plugintype=artefact&pluginname=internal&type=profile ? It's hidden away a bit on the extensions page, you click on the little "config" link next to the word "profile" under the "Plugin type: artefact" heading.

For question b, does <your domain>/user/find.php provide what you're needing? It's not available to people who are not logged in, but it's a way for users to search for each other. You get to it by clicking on the "Groups" tab and it's the "Find Friends" tab in the second row of tabs.

Hope this helps :)
Melissa

Andrew Lian's profile picture

28 November 2011, 0:00

Thank you for both answers - very helpful. I will follow up - actually since writing last time another question did pop up. I will send it separately.

Cheers

Andrew

28 November 2011, 1:15

Hello Andrew,

In fact you can't remove or add field. You can, as Melissa said, make the field mandatory or not, but you can't add or delete one of these.

For question B, in fact, when a Page is shared as "Public* you can access it from its URL from anywhere without being loged-in. The difference with "Public" and "Secret URL" sharing, is that secret url are very complicated to guess and won't be found by a search engine (Google or whatever else) if you Mahara website is opened and searchable.

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 November 2011, 13:18

Hello Andrew,

For a) You cannot do that on the frontend, but you can always hack the code as anything is possible. Wink

For b) There was a similar question in another forum thread, but I can't find it now. It's not possible in the current version of Mahara and there are no plans yet to change that for 1.5. If you wish to work on it, go for it. I think a number of Mahara users would be happy.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results