Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara and Totara links

Tim Newham's profile picture

07 November 2011, 6:36

Hi everybody. Has anyone got experience of integrating Mahara with Totara 1.1? (though I guess the below may also be relevant to Moodle integrations). I'm a learning consultant not a technologist, so don't be afraid of simplistic responses for me :)

1)      Our clients would love the idea of being able to click to book training/launch e-learning straight from the Mahara “plan” process – has anyone developed this, do you know?

2)      The opposite would also be great – training/e-learning completed in Totara creating an automated journal entry in Mahara so that Mahara is the complete record of learning and evidence. I guess this could alternatively/also be "grades" in Totara being pushed to Mahara. Has any of this been done?

Thanks,

Tim

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 November 2011, 13:58

Hello Tim,

These are great ideas. I am not aware of anybody having done any work in that direction. My guess would be to wait until Totara 2 is out because that is based on Moodle 2. There it will already be easier to send things to Mahara.

You may also want to post your ideas in the Totara forum if you haven't already done so so that the Totara development team is aware of your ideas.

Cheers

Kristina

Tim Newham's profile picture

07 November 2011, 14:31

Hi Kristina, thanks - and yes I'll post to Totara forum now.

Tim

3 results