Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara Assessment in Moodle 2

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 November 2011, 15:40

Hi Rebecca, I'm afraid that's a known bug - it's listed on the plugin information page at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Moodle//Mahara_Integration/View_Submission

I'm not sure how to resolve it except by manually changing the database.

Something I haven't tried, and which might work, is the following: first get the teacher to mark the currently submitted page to release it, and then get the student to submit, and the teacher to mark, each of the other locked pages in turn.  Pages should get released when they're marked as long as you have the Mahara outcomes plugin installed.

29 November 2011, 16:09

Hi,

I encounter a different bug with this very useful plugin :

when a blog is in a view submitted for review, the blog is also locked ! And when the teacher send a feedback, the view is unlocked but not the blog.

I was obliged to change manually the database to unlock the blogs and blogposts.

Should it be possible to report a bug ? (I can't do that myself because of my poor english).

thanks,

Jean-Baptiste

Ali Hastie's profile picture

05 December 2011, 16:51

Has a bug been reported? I couldn't find a bug report on embedded journals being locked up when submitting a page to Moodle 2.

I could file a bug for the locked journals? Would be nice to have a 'release page' feature within the Moodle assignment, similar to the feature within Mahara course groups.

It would also be a good feature to submit collections for assessment within Mahara and Moodle, has this also been asked/reported?

Cheers

06 December 2011, 2:04

Hello Ali,

I don't think that a bug has been reported, because the Mahara/Moodle assessment plugin is not developped in core by the Mahara team.

The plugin for Moodle 1.9 was developped by

The plugin wiki says that

---- begin paste ---

The upgrade to Moodle 2.0 and 2.1 was written by Aaron Wells at Catalyst IT, and supported by:

--- end paste ----

Therefore, I think you should contact those people for any feature request or improvement.

If I am wrong, I let François, Richard, Kristina or anymone from Catalyst correct my claim.

Regards,

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 December 2011, 15:04

I just had a quick look, and yes, it seems the unlocking of artefacts was overlooked when releasing views from Moodle.  It's a bug that's going to need to be fixed within Mahara, not the plugin - the unlocking should happen inside a Mahara function that's called by the Moodle plugin.

I have filed it at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/900932

Ali Hastie's profile picture

06 December 2011, 15:25

Thanks guys, look forward to the fix.

Cheers,

Ali

07 December 2011, 13:18

Thank you Richard,

I've also noticed that files that are attached to a view (or a blogpost, I didn't investigate much) are locked the same way, and couldn't be released.

Thanks again for the bug report.

Jean-Baptiste

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 December 2011, 13:15

Hello dajan,

Your claim is correct. One of our Moodle developers did the upgrade of the plugin (no featuers added, just a straight-up upgrade) and the work was financially supported by NetSpot and Pukunui (Moodle HQ). Richard has also been involved and can answer questions as he already did.

Cheers

Kristina

Gideon Williams's profile picture

16 November 2011, 3:59

Excellent call!

We are using Mahara with our Year 7 students (11-12 yr olds) for Transformational learning which takes place twice per week.

They have really enjoyed creating their profile page and used a range of features to then link to other pages. We had thought it would be good to assess this work in a more formal way.

I appreciate what Kristina is saying about locking up the profile page and we would have had to make sure that the "marking" tookl place over a 24hour period.

Cheers Gideon

19 results