Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara Assessment in Moodle 2

Gideon Williams's profile picture

03 November 2011, 17:51

Our Mahara/Moodle installation is supported by Synergy learning and I am keen to have the new assessment feature added to it that Mark Drechsler mentioned in http://www.markdrechsler.com/?p=660

Can someone tell me if this is no live and ready to be installed on our network?

Cheers Gideon

A post by Kristina Hoeppner was deleted

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 November 2011, 12:55

Hello Gideon,

The plugin has been live for a while. Catalyst IT, NetSpot and Pukunui Technology had partnered to update it.

You can find more information here.

Cheers

Kristina

Gideon Williams's profile picture

14 November 2011, 4:02

Hi Kristina

Beginning to test Mahara assessment in Moodle 2 plugin with large groups and notice that you are not able to send your Profile page for assessment.

Is there any way to change this as for a school it would be a great way to make comments on students own profiles including CVs etc

All the best

Gideon

14 November 2011, 7:23

It is true that the toile page is not a normal page. But to solve you issue without modifying the php code could you ask your student to create a page with their CV / profile content and sent this to the group for assessment?

15 November 2011, 16:28

Hi Gideon and dajan,

The profile page does not behave like a real page in 1.4 or lower. In 1.5 it will be possible to give access to the profile page as you would to any other page. I haven't yet tested if you could then submit it also to Moodle, but I doubt it because you still cannot submit the profile page to a course group. Locking down the profile page would not be a good thing in my opinion. I'dalso go with the solution that dajan proposes.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 November 2011, 16:33

Hi Kristina, I'm running an extended Mahara pilot at UNSW and we're about to go to 1.4 and have it integrated with out Moodle 2.0. Mark's demo of the integration only showed page submission, and didn't mention collection submission. Is collection Submission in the mix too, please? I have some academics eager to know. Thank you, Fiona

18 November 2011, 2:48

Hello Fiona,

With the actual version of the plugin only a page, not a collection, can be sent to Moodle for assessment.

-dajan

20 November 2011, 15:12

Hello Fiona,

Collection submission is not possible anywhere in Mahara, but it's on the wishlist as dajan pointed out elsewhere.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 November 2011, 22:31

Hi Kristina

We are trialling the Moodle/Mahara assessment tool, after seeing it on Mark's blog. It seems to work really well, except for one issue. There doesn't seem to be anything stopping the student from clicking on different pages to submit.

The final page they click on is actually made available to the lecturer to view and mark. However any other pages seem to get locked - the lecturer can't see them to mark them, and the student can't unlock them.

Have you come across this? Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Rebecca

19 results