Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Can't prevent my pages from being edited by others when shared

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 October 2011, 9:06

I'm at my wits' end: it seems that all the pages I create on our Mahara site (and which I share with others) can be edited by everybody! I can't find where to deactivate the edit button for visitors of those pages. I don't allow copies of those pages.

I have an Admin account on this mahara site and this happens when I'm logged in as an Admin. I also have a regular member account: when I'm looged in as a member, I don't have this problem. Where do I go wrong?

Can anybody help? 

Many thanks in advance!

Isabelle, from Paris, France

Account deleted

20 October 2011, 10:39

I think I found out why this happened: I was working inside a Group and apparently all pages created from a group can be edited by all the members...

François Marier's profile picture

20 October 2011, 17:03

That's right, within a group, members can collaborate on group pages.

If you want to have a read-only page, then you can create one in your own portfolio and then share it with the group from the Share tab.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

20 October 2011, 19:27

Many thanks, François, that's what I did!

Kind regards,

Isabelle

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 October 2011, 19:08

Hello Isabelle,

Or you could create a Controlled Membership group. There, regular members can't edit group pages.

Cheers

Kristina

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

25 January 2012, 14:41

I have this problem also.  I have created a number of pages as administrator of a group and I find that regular members of the group can edit.  The pages are shared only with the group and the group has controlled membership.

Account deleted

25 January 2012, 15:28

It's actually not determined by Controlled Membership, it needs to be a Course group.

In 1.4 I think you can create "Standard: Controlled Membership" groups as well, and any Standard group will allow ordinary members to edit the pages.

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

25 January 2012, 16:54

Neat.  Thanks for that.  I thought I would have a lot of work to redo since all my pages had many links to each other.

8 results