Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Problem with Mahara Page and Shared Access

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 October 2011, 18:34

Hi,

I have been testing the "Page" and "Share" access. In another post I had discovered that Pages created under an institution whether public or not didn't allow access to the Page via the secret URL. I attempted to recreate the issue to determine if the institutional container was the fault. In result the access rights and privileges regarding the secret URL appears to not function!

When a user is logged in, the overall access to site is determined by the admin settings. However, when the user is logged out of the site, the global access rules for Pages and Share are longer applied (as it should be;) but Pages and Share given assigned a secret URL should be permitting access to the element or object though it's not!

An overall review of the access structure needs to be researched. 

TY

Account deleted

13 October 2011, 21:15

Hi,

I had researched the issue further and found two that access might be effected by CRON. I had disabled CRON during this period which may had an effect on the content not updating internally. Second there was a recursive looping in the directories.

This page was test page set to public with a secret URL. The next test will be an institutional page set to public with a secret URL.

TY

Account deleted

13 October 2011, 21:27

Hi,

The institutional page did work with the secret URL, and the page set to public and not. I will research the effects that CRON may have on internal access. If so, any installations where CRON is not operating will not have public access to public pages.

TY

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 October 2011, 23:52

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, cron is essential in Mahara and it shouldn't be disabled. E.g. it governs the sending of notifications and also the access to files (there were issues over a year ago when access was denied if cron wasn't working properly).

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

14 October 2011, 11:11

Hi,

It has been noted in our use. We were testing the CRON line of code in several ways as referenced in the admin's reference as it continually failed. So under our proprietary new language we created a CRONbot to test a new CRON implementation because we cannot implement CRON.php using the documentation provided. Until the test code is put to use, we're still using the "invisible" pixel.

TY

Account deleted

09 November 2011, 10:04

Hi,

The cron service is now running, which is great.

We're getting emails sent notifying staff of submitted pages and "Topics I'm following" has content.

BUT The most important feature I need, ability for users to share pages, is still not working.

Google Chrome returns an Internal Server error 500

Any help greatly received..

Teachers want to add evidence for students' pages (students need to be able to share page) before student completes page for submission.

thank you

Paul

6 results