Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Text box with embedded image doesn't copy

Mary Cooch's profile picture

02 October 2011, 6:05

Could somebody confirm (or deny even) that this is expected behaviour? I made a page that had a text box with an image from my files embedded into it via the image icon in the text box toolbar. I made it copy-able and when it was copied to someone else's area they got the text box but no image displaying as the image URL (I presume) was still pointing to my area. The image had in fact been copied over to their files but the URL had not changed, so the text box was blank. Is that normal - ie- that Mahara isn't clever enough to realise the image needs its URL changing to reflect being in a copied text box? If so, that's fine - I will just remember to tell people. If not - then how do I fix it?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 October 2011, 13:52

Hello Mary,

The image URL is not adjusted atuomatically because you put it into the editor manually (in contrast to a journal entry where you select it once you have attached it). In a way I think this URL is treated like an external one because it starts with http:// I don't think there is a way around that unless internatl links can be recognized.

Cheers

Kristina

Mary Cooch's profile picture

02 October 2011, 15:29

Thanks Kristina - yes I suspected as much so it's helpful to have it confirmed.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 October 2011, 6:40

I had the same problem.  I copied an image from another website and tried to paste it.  The frustrating part is that it looks like it copied correctly and then when you try to save it, all of the data is corrupted.  The user also loses all text that was entered. 

This is definitely a TinyMCE bug.  Does anybody know if Mahara using the most up to date version of TinyMCE,, version 3.4.6?

Also, has anybody tested out the TinyMCE File Manager and Image Manager?  Would it make things easier or more complex to use that code instead of the custom code of Mahara?

Melissa

François Marier's profile picture

04 October 2011, 4:30

We're currently using version 3.4.4 on the master branch (what will become 1.5).

If you look at this file, it will always show you the current version on master:

https://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/blobs/master/htdocs/js/tinymce/README.Mahara

I don't think anybody has looked into the TinyMCE File/Image Manager.

Cheers,

Francois

5 results