Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems embedding PDFs in Google Apps

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

02 October 2011, 14:31

Thanks for the fix. Works great. Never underestimate Mahara communitiy :)

For anyone interested: While upoading pdf into google docs, convert it into google pdf format. Just uploading a pdf and then trying to embedd does not work for me.

Don Presant's profile picture

02 October 2011, 15:35

Yes, the other thing I wasn't doing was converting images and pdf to text, which seems to be necessary to invoke the "Publish now" window that Gregor had referred to.

It all works now...you just need to dedicate a page to large scanned documents (ie NAm letter or UK A4), since the sizing command merely cuts out a window rather than resizing the document...

Still and all, another step forward - many thanks to all who contributed to this; I'll be introducing it to the class on Tuesday!

Mary Cooch's profile picture

02 October 2011, 15:43

Sorry to sound stupid but where is this "collaborate" in Google docs? I can only see "share"

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 October 2011, 5:07

Hello Mary,

The "Collaborate" is in the menu bar in the new Google interface. If you are using a GoogleApps (for Education) account you may not yet see it. There it should work as it always has (keep fingers crossed).

With the new interface, tons of changes occurred that are frustrating as you find similar things in very different locations and the URL doesn't change so that you could check which setting you may have provided.

Cheers

Kristina

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 October 2011, 5:06

Hello Alex and Don,

Francois merged an updated help file for the Google Apps stuff for the 1.4 branch, cf. https://reviews.mahara.org/760 That gives some info on how to work in Google with the new interface.

I'll update the 1.5 file tomorrow and submit it for review.

Cheers

Kristina

15 results