Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Changing the Logo

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 September 2011, 14:29

Hi,

There are some issues with posting under MSIE9.

I was not able to find a search feature under this forum,
but is there a way to change the Mahara logo under end-user installations? I
feel that end-users should not be required to keep the “mahara” logo on
end-user installations since it’s not “Team Mahara.org” that’s maintaining the
installation. The logo belongs to “mahara” and not the end-user.

Futhermore, I don’t want my clients going to “mahara.org”
for service because of the logo rather than maintaining my clients under my
organizational installation. Clients of end-users should not see the “Mahara”
logo unless it’s displayed as: “Powered by Mahara.” My guess would be that
changing the logo requires changing the underlying static code.

Thank you

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 September 2011, 15:58

Hello Mario,

Which issues did you have posting in IE9? You can file a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug

Mahara.org has a Google custom search in the horizontal navigation that you can use to find forum posts. Smile

You are right that your custom installation should use your organization's logo. It is good to customize your Mahara installation to make it your own and not have users mistake it with the project.

You must exchange the logo in the code itself. It sits in /theme/default/static/images/site-logo.png

In the future (Mahara 1.5) you will have the opportunity to configure a theme on the frontend and upload an image.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

28 September 2011, 17:34

Successfuly changed the logo, and the report has been filed.

30 September 2011, 3:57

Thanks, Mario. For follow-up purposes, the bug report is at https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/861891

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

08 October 2011, 13:10

HI,

It should be noted that the "site-logo.png" must be changed for each theme.

Thank you

Account deleted

31 March 2012, 13:29

I was able to successfully change the header logo and the footer logo. But, I want to change the footer link. 

I changed the "powered by Mahara" logo to my own. However, the link to Mahara remains. How do I change/edit the link so that it can go to my site instead of to Mahara.org? The footer menu is a perfect place for my students to navigate back to the course.

Thanks

Paul Raper's profile picture

30 July 2012, 9:01

Hi Kristina, I have installed Mahara 1.5.1 and was looking for a way to change the logo to my institutional one. You mentioned in the post here that it should be possible to upload an image file, but so far where and how to do this has illuded me. :-( Do you have any advise on where I can find this option. Best wishes,Paul

30 July 2012, 15:09

You have to use the theme called *Configurable theme* if you want to change the corporate colours.

For the logo, you have an option in the institution setup to import an image as the institution logo.

-dajan

04 August 2012, 17:23

Hello Paul,

You can upload the logo for each institution in the institution settings. You don't have to use the configurable theme, but can upload a logo onto any theme.

It's Point 7 in the screenshots and descriptions:

http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5/site_admin/institutions.html#add-an-institution

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

04 February 2013, 15:18

We have a brand new 1.6.2 installation - is it still necessary to change the site logo in the code as an earlier post in this topic refers to changes coming in 1.5?

We have managed to upload a logo under the Institution area and are currently just usign default themes with our logo, however this only displays when users are logged in and the default Mahara logo displays when users are logged out. We are hoping to work on a customised them in teh future but in teh interim our Organisation would at a minimum require our logo to be on display when users navigate to the site.

20 results