Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding Image to Journal

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 September 2011, 20:51

Hi,

We've just installed a Mahara 1.4 instance at my place and I think it's a great system.

One thing I noticed that when inserting an image into a journal/blog post the only option is to input Image URL. 

Question: Is there anyway that you can enable image upload within this dialogue (as in Moodle) so that the user can upload the image within their files area and then select the image file that they want to add to their posting?

François Marier's profile picture

22 September 2011, 21:49

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, we don't have that feature yet. But we have an outstanding feature request for it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/836382

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

22 September 2011, 22:52

Hi Francois,

thank you.

I think it is unfortunate that this feature is not yet available.  I've also read here that it was a feature of earlier versions of Mahara, so I find it strange it has not made it to later versions.  Why would that be?

I believe this is a fundamental function that one would expect to have in such a system, so I hope thisis seen as a priority.

Appreciate your reply. Wink

Cheers
Dan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 September 2011, 17:09

Hello Daniel,

I don't remember having been able to upload an image directly to the editor of a blog post. What you can do is to attach the image to the blog post (below the editor window). Then you can select it in the editor from a drop-down menu.  That's the two-step process that would be great to improve / get rid of.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

25 September 2011, 14:55

Hello Kristina,

Thank you very much for your help.  I get it now this is great!

Cheers

Dan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 September 2011, 4:24

You are welcome, Dan. All the best.

Kristina

6 results