Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Delete inactive users

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 September 2011, 4:29

Hi guys,

our Mahara portfolio is growing steadily and I was wondering if there is any way to deactivate and delete user accounts that haven't been used in a long time. I did find the deactivate user account option in the site options but this does not delete the users data does it?

The forum archive contains a similar discussion:

http://mahara.org/node/352

Cheers,

Alex

Account deleted

16 September 2011, 4:16

Am I the only one who is facing this problem? Is the feature I'm asking for already integrated? How do you keep your installation clean and get rid of old users who did not login for over a year?

Best Alex

Account deleted

27 September 2011, 4:54

Alex,

this is something i have been faced with and i have asked for a simpler mass delete tool to be part of 1.5 which i believe there will be.

i asked for a CSV delete option like moodle has but i believe they are working on sometype of tick box system, not great if you are admin and you aren't sure if the users are current or old!

our mahara is only into its second year so we dont have a lot of usres (400) or so but i like to keep things clean too. next year i will manually have to go through users and delete them based on their last Moodle login. then you will be able to see their last login (if your using a mahoodle integration.

john

Account deleted

30 September 2011, 2:42

Hi John, I've just filed a feature request:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/863070

Best Alex

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 September 2011, 3:45

Hi Alex and John,

John is correct, in Mahara 1.5 an admin can suspend, delete and also change the auth method of up to 500 users at once. This code is already in git and you can play with it.

Further concrete suggestions of how to improve that even more are welcome, but their implementation will most likely - like other feature requests - depend on funding.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results