Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Leap2 Import

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 July 2011, 9:02

I have just installed 1.4 and the Import option is missing. looking at the source code in the import directory there is an index.html which is 0 bytes, is this right?

If it is right how do I get the import tab to appear?

Account deleted

28 July 2011, 9:14

Hi John,

Where are you expecting the import tab to appear?

You should be able to import a Leap2A file when you create a user from:

Site Administration -> Users -> Add User

It should be possible to "Upload Leap2A file" instead of "Create new user from scratch"

Andrew

Account deleted

04 August 2011, 6:28

I am expecting to see the import option under Portfilo see screen grab http://screencast.com/t/F5YwkCMWxOn

We are currently using pebblePad and we wish to allow our students to export their portfolios from there and import them into Mahara.

Account deleted

04 August 2011, 7:53

Hi John,

Unfortunately this isn't yet possible. The only way to import a LEAP2A file is at account creation at present.

We're aware that this is a highly desired feature at present and I really do hope that it goes in to Mahara soon, but so far other features have been prioritised.

Andrew

Account deleted

08 August 2011, 4:24

One of my collegues has come across this YouTube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFx0NHn4Ls  showing the import of Leap2.

Is this a function that did not make it into 1.4?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 August 2011, 20:14

Hello John,

The video you refer to is for an alpha version of Mahara 1.2. The import functionality was not implemented as Nigel demoed it in the video. You can import Leap2A portfolios into Mahara, just not as a user. An admin must do that via the "Add user" screen in the site administration.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results