Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Submit page for assessment

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 July 2011, 5:19

Still testing out 1.4, trying to figure out how do I go about submitting a Page for assessment.

We've created a test group, I've joined as a member and the option no longer appears.

Does this option still exist in 1.4?

(Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere)

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

13 July 2011, 9:07

Hello Daniel:

Yes it does. For page submission to work, the group needs to be either 'Course: Controlled Membership' or 'Course: Request Membership' Only site staff or site admins can create those group types.

To make someone site staff: http://www.yourdomain/admin/users/staff.php

To change group type: Groups>'Edit' the group in question and select from the two above mentioned group types.

HTH

Account deleted

13 July 2011, 10:31

Thanks,

That worked a treat. Didn't realise that admin account wasn't part of staff.

Daniel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 July 2011, 2:47

Hello Daniel,

Which "admin" do you mean? As institution staff and admin (not just site staff and admin) I can create course groups. Or did you mean group admin?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 July 2011, 13:54

I am really new to Mahara.  I have just submitted a page to my boss for marking via Moodle that was part of a collection and don't seem to be able to get it back...Help please!  I ended up deleting my collection and now the whole lot has gone, any ideas how I can get them back?  I was thinking that It would be good to be able to organise our pages into topic folders.

17 July 2011, 14:53

Hello Cherie,

Your boss must release your page before you can edit it again. He does that by placing a checkmark before the "Release view / page" option right above the feedback section.

Did you just delete your collection or did you also delete all the pages that were associated with it? If you only deleted the collection, you should still see your pages and can create a new collection. However, if you deleted your pages, you will have to re-assemble them again unless your IT guys can restore them for you from a backup.

Even when you delete pages, your learning artefacts should still reside in Mahara if you used blogs / journals and not text boxes to create them and uploaded files as these items are just linked into pages.

Please check what you still have. You may have more available than you think. Smile

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 July 2011, 15:46

Thank you for your help Kristina.  I appear to have access to some of my collection pages but not all, not sure what's happened but I intend to ask my boss if he can get them back for me tomorrow.

I have created all my pages separately and then made a collection using my home page if you like as the front page but I am getting a bit confused.  Once you have deleted the collection it says that the pages within the collection will not be deleted but in my case I have lost some but not all....bit strange!

Anyhow, not giving up yet!

17 July 2011, 16:38

Hello Cherie,

Mhh. That is strange. It would be great if you tested this behavior with another collection and pages (copies of your real ones Wink) and checked if you again lose pages once you delete a collection.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results