Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade to 1.4 Problems

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 June 2011, 11:13

Hi we have just tried to upgrade to 1.4 but it failed.  We then tried to roll back to 1.3.5 and the page is displaying the following message:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/lib/htmlpurifiercustom/YouTubeIframe.php' (include_path='/var/www/lib/htmlpurifier:/var/www/lib/:/var/www/lib/pear/:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/lib/web.php on line 2498

We have gone into the web.php page and this line is not there, this is the line displayed:

require_once(get_config('libroot') . 'htmlpurifiercustom/' . $filter->file . '.php');

Please could you help us restore mahara, as we have learners still using the system and staff development planned for next week.

Thank You

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 June 2011, 15:12

Hello Belinda,

I can't help you with this problem. A developer would have to answer your question, however, this is a good time to remind those who install Mahara for production sites, to go through the upgrade on a test server first to check there that everything works. This reduces the risk of running into problems on the live site. Server environments are different, you may have customizations done etc. that could interfere with a smooth upgrade.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 June 2011, 17:54

Hi Belinda,

Your site is trying to open an htmlpurifier filter that doesn't exist on disk, which usually means your database is somehow out of sync with your code.  It may be half-upgraded.

I'd recommend you restore your database to the one you were using before your upgrade, i.e. the database that worked when you were using 1.3.5, before you attempted the upgrade.

If you have everything restored back where it was and working, you can try the upgrade again, let us know the exact error message you get and we may be able to help.

If for some reason you can't restore back to your old database, I think you'll be able to fix that error you're getting temporarily by removing the 'filters' row from your config table, i.e. running "DELETE FROM config WHERE field = 'filters';".  However, if you just do that, it's likely you'll just run into some other incompatibility between your code and database.

R.

3 results