Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
"Copy this page" button on Group Homepage does not work

19 June 2011, 15:19

I am using Mahara 1.4.  I created a Group, and then a template for the Group.  I also changed the permissions in the Course Pages block to Display Shared Pages.  The template appears in the list of Group Pages on the Group's Homepage, and next to it is a button labeled "Copy this page".  When I select the button, nothing happens. The Group is: Standard: Open Membership.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

19 June 2011, 19:19

Hi Ellen,

This happens to me in master as well but not in 1.4 stable. In 1.4 stable I don't see  a button 'Copy this page' in the group's pages block. When I try to copy the group's page I get directed to http://www.domain/view/choosetemplate.php where I then look for and copy it properly. I don't see a button to display Group pages either.

20 June 2011, 9:31

Hi Dirk,

Here's what I've experienced: I had to edit the Group Pages block in the Hompage, first.  I opened the Homepage in edit mode. And then I selected to option to edit the block: Group Pages.  I selected the option to Display Shared Pages, because by default only Group Pages are displayed in that block.  Once I did that, the templates I had created in the Group, appeared in the list of Course Pages on the Homepage.  The had the button next to them.  I believe I am running the stable version on Mahara 1.4.0 on my site (I'm running the latest release as of Friday this past week)

Thanks,

Ellen

20 June 2011, 14:23

Sorry, I had a lot of typos in the previous message.  I hope it made sense.  I've got to stop multi-tasking! :(

20 June 2011, 17:03

If it's the button circled in red then I can confirm that its not working for me either. Would be nice if clicking it would copy that page into a users' own portfolio. Probably something for the future as the system seems to be anticipating for this but its not quite there yet.

20 June 2011, 20:03

Yes, that's it :)  I agree with you.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 June 2011, 4:15

Hello Ellen and Dirk,

I don't see the "copy page" button in an open membership group on the latest Mahara code (1.5) or on master.dev which still runs on 1.4.0alpha2dev neither for the group admin nor a regular member. Unfortunately, I don't have an accessible 1.4 stable at this moment (hopefully tomorrow).

Cheers

Kristina

21 June 2011, 6:50

Hello Ellen and Dirk,

Francois updated the demo site to 1.4 stable and I don't see the copy page button as in Dirk's screenshot in an open membership group. Does it appear for you in existing groups and / or for newly created groups?

Cheers

Kristina

21 June 2011, 13:09

Hi Kristina,

it appears in existing and new groups and in various group types. You may be missing the step in which you drag the 'Group Pages' icon into the 'Group Homepage' page. Please see screen below.

21 June 2011, 15:21

Hello Dirk,

Oh my. I missed the most essential step: Make the page copyable. Embarassed

Now I also see the problem. I filed a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/800373

Cheers

Kristina

11 results