Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Theme/Skin directory/repository

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 June 2011, 19:11

Hello everyone,

I'd like to suggest (perhaps even offer to create) a theme repository for Mahara Themes/Skins. It'd be to showcase themes that the community has to offer, for people to preview the themes and for admins to download and install. I know we have the Mahara Themes group and the theme area on the wiki, but it's not friendly and very few of us have been convinced to share thus far, so somethings not quite right!

I was thinking along the lines of two CMS theme directories out there (WordPress, Joomla).

These two create a sense of creative competition through reputation, popularity and so they see lots of variety and contribution. Perhaps something we can start to create with Mahara?

I'm interested to get your opinions on this, what does everyone think?

Account deleted

03 June 2011, 2:24

I was just trying to find such a repository - cause I developed a great theme and wish to share it =D!

So yeah, it'd be nice.

François Marier's profile picture

03 June 2011, 20:51

Hi Thomas,

If you (or anybody else) want to make this happen, we'll be happy to point themes.mahara.org to that website and make it the official source for Mahara themes.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

05 June 2011, 15:32

Thanks Francois,

I'll look into getting it started..

Account deleted

07 June 2011, 10:21

Just whilst I'm in the planning stage...

Would you also be willing to setup SSO with this themes website so that Mahara.org users could upload their themes seamlessly without setting up a new account?

François Marier's profile picture

07 June 2011, 18:43

It might be a bit difficult (the way we've done "SSO" with the wiki is a bit of a hack for example) from a technical/security but feel free to discuss any ideas you might have with me ([email protected]) and I'll try to see if we can make it happen.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

14 September 2011, 8:07

Has this happened or is this happening?  Is whoever placed the original idea is not going to do it anymore, I will set something up using Joomla.  I am not a graphics person, so it will just be the actual Joomla installation and setup.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 September 2011, 15:36

Hello Melissa,

I am not aware of anybody having progressed on that idea. It would be great to see it happening though.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

10 October 2011, 17:05

Hi Melissa,

I've not dropped it as a concept, but not taken action yet

I'd be happy to help if you want to take this forward. I've been a bit out of it recently, but still think it's a great idea... :P

I was thinking of Joomla originally, so I'm liking your thinking..

Let me know your progress and I'll work on a joomla template for it

T

Account deleted

04 March 2012, 11:29

Me and a few TDM developers are going to have a little 'session' to get this idea fully going. We are looking to use Batucada or WordPress.

If anyone wants to get involved be in the discussion, we'll be in the mahara-dev irc channel on Thursday 8th March from around 18.00 to 23.00 (GMT).

18 results