Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
MaharaDroid 1.7

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 December 2012, 11:14

Thanks for the information. I have successfully completed that. The only downfall is that it doesn't look like the mobile app is designed to do anything other than upload some stuff. Am I correct in saying that? Or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 December 2012, 19:58

Hello Jeremy,

The current implementation of MaharaDroid can only upload media. In version 2 you will be able to create journal entries with or without images and also attach tags that you have already been using on the site itself.

In Mahara 1.6 we introduced responsive design for the default theme which will render the site differently depending on where you view it. Together with device detection you can easily browse it on a smartphone and also a small tablet with a different menu than normal. This is our foray into the mobile world right now.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 December 2012, 4:31

Well then...I am looking forward to version 2. This version really doesn't do a lot of good for my application right now. Any estimated timeframe of when version 2 will be made available?

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

21 December 2012, 7:40

As you gain more experience, you may discover the usefulness of the presently existing features. Good luck in your further learning.

Account deleted

21 December 2012, 9:52

Thanks for the reply Dirk. Right now, when I open up MaharaDroid, the only thing I see is a folder that says Saved Artefacts. That's it. I don't get anything else nor do I get to do anything else.

Possible problem with the app installation? There aren't any tools to use nor any features.

Am I missing something?

Account deleted

21 December 2012, 11:39

Hi Jeremy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8cXS6CWsA is a nice quick video from Mark Osborne which shows uploading images.

Thanks,
Melissa.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 December 2012, 11:40

Hello Jeremy,

Yes, you are missing the application. :-) Please watch the demo video on http://code.google.com/p/maharadroid/ You actually only go into the app for setting your settings to Mahara and then for uploading saved artefacts. The rest you do from the regular "Share" menu in any app. You'll see Maharadroid in the list of actions.

As for Maharadroid 2, it is already up on the Google Code site, but not yet in the app store because it's not yet fully finished. But you can already install it as is on your phone.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 December 2012, 16:56

Ah...very big help. Now I understand. Just need to get it to actually work. Didn't upload anything. Going to try and re-enter token in both mobile app and admin backend.

Guess ignorance will keep me from moving along. lol

Thanks

Account deleted

21 December 2012, 18:01

Downloaded it and installed version 2...seems to by syncing properly and working good so far.

Account deleted

26 March 2013, 3:38

hi,

what should I change in the code maharadroid to access the portfolio of my college?