Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara Plugins

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 June 2011, 3:15

Hello,

I am a PHP Developer and working on Mahara this days..

I installed Mahara (1.2.9) Successfully before couple of days, Now i want some Plugins and themes so that My E-Portfolio site looks like clean and simple

I had checked the Group of Mahara Themes

http://mahara.org/group/view.php?id=40

Under File section i like some templates like (edudelta_mahara.jpg) but not be able to download..

Also Required Plugins like Showcase and Career and Development Plan..

If any one can help me then it would be great..

Thanks

Abdullah

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 June 2011, 3:04

Hello Abdullah,

You may wish to look at Mahara 1.4 which will be out on a few days. It has many improvements over Mahara 1.2. If you are just starting out, I suggest, this may be better to base your developments on. I think that the Career and Development Plans are written only for Mahara 1.3 and ported to Mahara 1.4. That's why you may have problems.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

02 June 2011, 6:13

Thanks a Lot Kristina..

Can you please tell me how to update...?

I moved all the new downloaded files to my old folder...but when i run

admin/upgrade.php i cant see anything just a blank page..

I gone through every where in mahara groups and wiki too, but i didnt get any solution, please do help me..

Thanks

Abdullah

03 June 2011, 22:55

Hello Abdullah,

Sorry, I can't help you as I don't upgrade Mahara sites. I only recently started to work with some code in GIT.

Did you find the Upgrade Guide on the wiki at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Upgrading_Mahara ?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

04 June 2011, 6:11

Yeah i had checked everything and did step by step..

Finally i Installed New Version while creating new database...

But Now I am Facing Another Error...

First of all Mahara 3.0 Not allow to Install if we dont have MYSQL 5.2.0..

so i change the code where particular condition was given and changed to

$phpversionrequired = '5.1.6';
    if (version_compare(phpversion(), $phpversionrequired) < 0) {
        throw new ConfigSanityException(get_string('phpversion', 'error', $phpversionrequired));
    }

But now While Creating Views, I am Not be able to set as Public...Compulsory and ByDefault its Restricted as NoBody can View this except you...

Please do reply, if you can help me to Solve...

Warm Thanks

Abdullah

Account deleted

15 June 2011, 21:09

Hi Kristine,

I saw your excellent presentation at iMoot , thanks and have a question about Mahara iPhone apps.

We have a number of users with iPhones and want them to be able to enter ongoing data into tables - either on blog posts or on uploaded excel files. (maybe better using tables in blog posts as will save reuploading files.

Experimented yesterday with the Bright Cookie app but it seems only to be useful for uploading images. Is that correct?

Can you tell me if there is a way for Mahara 1.4 users to add data to a blog post (ie edit it) using their iPhone?

Thanks and Regards

Katharine

17 June 2011, 19:56

Hello Katharine,

Thank you for having attended the iMoot session and for exploring the mobile use of Mahara.

PortfolioUp only supports the upload of images. As Catalyst IT is not involved in this app development, I can't tell you whether the developers wish to expand the functionality at some point. You could get in touch with Kien Vu (forum thread on their iPhone app at http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=3452 ), one of the developers.

You should be able to write and update a blog post on the iPhone directly using the Internet browser. Admittedly, it's a bit small and cumbersome, especially when you want to fill in a table, but it should work.

On Tuesday I gave a workshop on Mahara, and one of the teachers used her iPhone the entire time. She could do everything her colleagues on the computer could do. Smile

Cheers

Kristina

7 results