Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding External Video

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 May 2011, 7:59

Hi there,

I am trying to add a video website to the 'External Video' block which currently only allows video from Youtube, video.google.com, teachertube.com and scivee.tv. 

I would like to add videojug as an option and also our own college mini version of use tube.

Can anyone let me know if this is possible? I can't see any options to do so in the admin settings.

If  it is how you can do this?

(Also, I am not a developer but I can pass on any instructions to our developer)

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Louise

François Marier's profile picture

26 May 2011, 18:22

Hi Louise,

Brett Wilkins has been doing lots of work on this in the last few days (adding support for Glogster, WikiEducator, Slideshare, VoiceThread and Prezi in Mahara 1.5).

I suggest you take a look at the changes he's made through our code review system:

https://reviews.mahara.org/#dashboard,1000019

Cheers,

Francois

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 May 2011, 8:24

Hi, thanks for your reply, I had assumed that this might be something I could do myself with admin rights but from what I understand a Mahara developer has to do it and then release it with a new install?

many thanks, Louise

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 May 2011, 16:07

Hello Louise,

No, you cannot just click on a button and add another service. Frown

Gregor wrote a plugin for Embed.ly which will allow you to embed video from many different services (though not your home grown one). The disadvantage of Embed.ly is that if the service is not available or gone entirely, your external content is not displayed.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results