Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
WYSIWYG editor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 May 2011, 15:20

hi,

I have two instalations of Mahara. 1.2.6 and 1.3.6 on the one server. In 1.2.6 editor works fine, but in 1.3.6 I don't see WYSIWYG editor in the text fields.

any ideas

greetings from Poland

Krzysztof

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 May 2011, 21:21

Hello Krzysztof,

Can you please check if the HTML editor is enabled for your account? That is under Settings in the top right-hand corner.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

22 May 2011, 2:49

It is enabled, and still I don't see it in textbox :(

whether the server settings may influence to it?. I have outside hosting.

Krzysztof

22 May 2011, 5:03

Hello Krzysztof,

I meant your Mahara account settings once you are logged in. Smile

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

22 May 2011, 11:13

I`m at the same project with Krzysztof. It makes no difference whether the HTML editor is enabled or disabled,

You can see it at www.wig.slask.pl/eportfolio. It`s Mahara in polish language, but I hope you can use it.

Jurek Wolny

22 May 2011, 15:00

Hello Jurek,

Thank you for the login to your site. Indeed, the HTML settings in the account are all correct.

I couldn't find anything in the plugin settings that hinted at configuring TinyMCE in Mahara 1.3. Somebody else would have to provide the answer.

In Mahara 1.4 you can configure the setting under Configure Site - General Settings.

Cheers

Kristina

P.S. Would you consider making your translation of Mahara into Polish accessible to other users? More info on lang. packs are in the wiki.

11 August 2011, 12:17

Hi there

I've noticed that the HTML Editor is enabled only when the main language of the Mahara site or user's language is English. When I choose Greek, the Editor disappears. So, I think the problem refers to the language other than English.

Visit my site: http://kaskas.mysch.gr/mahara/

Login details, for testing reasons.

Username: test1

Password: test123

Account deleted

11 August 2011, 17:46

Hi Yannis,

Unfortunately the HTML Editor won't even load when it's given a language that isn't included in the js/tinymce folder along with Mahara.  At the moment that's limtied to these languages: ar ca cs da de en es eu fi fr he it ja ko nb nl nn no ru sl zh

The fix for this bug will at least allow tinymce to fall back to English if the current language is not found, but we also need to add more tinymce language packs into the Mahara releases.

For an immediate solution, you can go to the tinymce site (http://www.tinymce.com/i18n/index.php?ctrl=lang&act=download&pr_id=1), download the Greek language pack, and unzip it into the js/tinymce folder, it should solve your problem.

12 August 2011, 1:13

Thanks Richard,

I followed your directions and I put the el.js in the js/tinymce/langs folder. But the problem still remains.

12 August 2011, 16:38

Yanni,

I followed Richard's instructions and it worked!!!

Be careful because in the greek  zip file there are 3 folders which contain greek language files. Did you unzip all the files in the correct path?

11 results