Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Plugin

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 June 2011, 9:51

Thanks Geoff, that works a treat.

We have not yet carried out a welsh language translation of Mahara, that is something that is on the plan for next academic year, but when we do it we'll include your plugin.

Thanks for yoru support.

Kevin

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

16 June 2011, 11:27

Good!

Hope you find it useful. I have now added the 'at' string to the download forthe CPD plugin for Mahara 1.3.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 June 2011, 20:57

Hello Geoff,

Finally, I had time to take a look at your plugin. It's a wonderful idea with great potential of collecting PD information in an easy way.

I have a couple of ideas for possible additions.

1. What about virtual locations? Currently, you have "Managing classrooms" at Institute of Teaching. But when I take an online course, my location would be "online". I could think of a couple of things:

• instead of location use "institution" as in the resumé and then include the institution in parentheses; in different languages you may require the article before the institution and the preposition "at" can make that a bit tricky as you may have to put the article in a different case (as in German); not having to worry about a preposition would be better
  • add a field for delivery type (online, seminar, workshop, lecture) so that this can be indicated in a standard field. --> Managing classrooms (Institute of Teaching, online)

2. Add the regular HTML editor to allow for text formatting, e.g. "Disecting Der letzte Reiter with Year 9 students" (I know this functionality is not yet included in collection description).

3. Allow to include an uploaded file, e.g. certificate that was received.

Cheers

Kristina

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

18 June 2011, 9:53

Hi Kristina

Thanks for the suggestions. All good ideas. Suspect I may receive a few more at the forthcoming Mahara UK 11 conference.

Will certainly take a look at 1. (virtual locations, remove the 'at', and add a 'delivery type' field) in the near future.

2. and 3. will require a little more work. Of course, rich text (e.g. a reflective Journal/blog posting) and uploaded files can be already be associated with a CPD via the Page (View) or the Collection the CPD is embedded in. However, I appreciate that tighter coupling of particular CPD activities with particular artefacts, e.g. a certificate PDF, might be useful too.

I'm also conscious of keeping things simple so that Leap2A export (which I don't know that much about) to other systems is more likely to work and be meaningful.

Always open to other suggestions

Cheers

Geoff

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 June 2011, 22:32

Hello Geoff,

It would definitely be great to see what practitioners have to say about possible other features. It is already looking really good and as you say, evidence can always be added next to it on the same page. Then at least that would be preserved if a portfolio was moved to an installation that didn't have your plugin installed.

Have fun at MaharaUK

Kristina

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

04 August 2011, 17:41

Hello Geoff:

Small typo for me on this line:
$string{'at'] = 'at';

This fixed it for me
$string['at'] = 'at';

Cheers,

Dirk

16 January 2012, 13:17

You wrote :

So far, to my knowledge, the CPD plugin has been  translated into French and Slovenian.

Where can i get the french file of CDP Plugin?

17 January 2012, 1:16

Hello,

Normally the French version has been included to the distribution by his author. If not, you can find the files on the Mahara's French community page (http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=292).

-dajan

18 results