Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Creating a Mahoodle

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 May 2011, 17:47

Hello,

I would like to set up a Mahoodle. I already have Moodle 2.0.2 up and running and was wondering in what folder would I place Mahara to create a Mahoodle. Would I put it in the public_html folder along with Moodle? How can I integrate these two powerful programs? Are there any docs I can read or forums to follow?

Thanks,

Jeff

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 May 2011, 18:33

Hello Jeff,

IƱaki has updated the Mahoodle Guide which explains step by step how to connect Moodle with Mahara.

You install Mahara separately from Moodle and only link them via the networking function.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

04 May 2011, 20:31

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for the reply and documents. When you said, "You install Mahara separately from Moodle" does that mean Mahara should have its own domain name? So moodle would be at abc.com and Mahara at def.com? Then like them via the networking function? Or can both Mahara and Moodle use the same domain name?

Jeff

Paul Tosney's profile picture

04 May 2011, 23:31

I believe you can have them at abc.com/moodle and abc.com/mahara. The link is via the networking - you tell them where the other one is so they can find each other.

Account deleted

05 May 2011, 5:37

Hi Paul,

Thanks. I will try this.

Jeff

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 May 2011, 23:31

Hello Jeff,

You can have Moodle at abc.com and Mahara at mahara.abc.com or on def.com or Moodle at moodle.abc.com and Mahara at mahara.abc.com. You must have some distinction because only one can have abc.com. The other can be a sub domain.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

05 May 2011, 5:38

Hi Kristina,

Thanks! This helps. I looked over the documents you sent earlier. I will try to put Mahara on a subdomain, then network them so I can have SSO.

Thanks again,

Jeff

7 results