Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New user with Leap2 import

Sigi's profile picture

29 March 2011, 18:17

Hi ,

I need to move my views from one Mahara to another. The problem is, that I have 2 accounts on the old install as I had to move stuff there before and could only do so by creating a new user. Is there any possibility now to import 2 LEAP files from the old install to the new, but only create ONE new users- I am getting confused with my double personality ;-).... HELP please!

Sigi

Craig Eves's profile picture

31 March 2011, 21:32

Hi Sigi

There isn't an easy way using the import process . To get around this you could make the views copyable on one of your username and then copy to the other.

I can't see this on the feature tracker but this has been requested by users a few times.

Craig

Sigi's profile picture

01 April 2011, 6:11

Hi Craig,

thanks for the hint to copying the views, the problem was  as far as I remember - I tried this before - that you get the views but not the embedded blogs..... but I wll try it again to see if this is an option.

Thanks, cheers

Sigi

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 April 2011, 15:11

Hello Sigi,

You can get the embedded blogs easily if you change the settings in the blog block to "allow users to have their own copy". That's under "More options" in the blog (post) block.

Cheers

Kristina

Sigi's profile picture

05 April 2011, 6:16

Thanks Kristina for your reply...

tried this option but youn need to do this for every single blogpost... andn if you have lots of them in your view that's kind of weird....  hoping and waiting for import of stuff to same user..... till then; double identity ;-)  got used to it ;-)

Cheers, liebe Grüße

Sigi

Simon Grant's profile picture

01 April 2011, 3:24

It should be possible IF you are up to editing the xml file.

In principle, you would merge the sets of attachments, and carefully merge the information in the XML files into one. If you know what you're doing, this should take some minutes, but not hours. Of course, that's a great idea for a tool for someone to create...

As there isn't a tool, if you're not familiar with XML I'd get someone who is to help you.

Good luck!

Simon

Sigi's profile picture

01 April 2011, 6:13

Hi Simon, this seems to be a "nerd" solution so I'll rather ask my son to help me with that. Will let you know if ii worked! Thanks anyway!

Cheers

Sigi

If funding was found we could get this problem fixed- importing views into existing user accounts.... anyone willing to pay ;-) ??

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 April 2011, 23:59

Hello Sigi,

Individual blog posts do make it tricky... If you can't combine them into blogs (in the beginning) to keep them apart and still put them into one view, I don't have a solution, I am afraid.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results