Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding feedback to individual blocks within views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 March 2011, 16:31

Hi there,

Please advise if it is possible to add feedback to individual blocks within views. We have lecturers that would find it alot easier to provide feedback direct into the student views rather than to the whole view. We are currently on 1.2.4 and I do not think this is possible in this version. We are going to be upgrading to 1.3.3. Looking at the enhancements for feedback I cannot see this as an option, am I overlooking something?

Kind regards,

Heidi Humphrey

François Marier's profile picture

15 March 2011, 21:42

Hi Heidi,

In Mahara 1.4, it will be possible for people to leave feedback on most individual artefacts (e.g. blog posts and images).

On 1.3, you can already place feedback on image artefacts.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

15 March 2011, 22:37

Thanks Francois,

How about for text boxes?

Cheers, Heidi

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 March 2011, 1:04

Hello Heidi,

Text boxes are currently not artefacts. That's why you can't reuse them across views. They only exist in one view. If / when text boxes become artefacts, then they could also have comments.

Cheers

Kristina

Don Presant's profile picture

16 March 2011, 5:42

We have an ongoing need for an ad hoc text box for sure.

But a special case of a text box as artefact would be a very cool thing...it would permit reusability (and commentability, if that's a word) of things like embedded videos and screencasts; or even hand-coded navigation blocks (like we have to do now in Groups)

Account deleted

16 March 2011, 15:53

Thanks for your advice. I definitely think adding text boxes as artefacts would be a great enhancement in future and save alot of work for our tutors! 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 March 2011, 2:28

Hello Heidi and Don,

I added this idea to the wishlist at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/736665

If you are keen on having it towards the top of the wishlist, you can head over there and click on "This bug affects me" (though it's not a bug - don't get confused). Then we'll know that not just one person is interested in this.

Cheers

Kristina

Don Presant's profile picture

17 March 2011, 4:55

Thanks, Kristina. The bug now affects at least 2 people.

8 results