Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How does one approve a comment

06 March 2011, 12:06

This is probably a silly question, but I've looked and looked and can not find a way to approve comments left on a Page.  I have created a Class Page and set the access to public.  I've allowed comments and Moderate Comments.  When a comment is left, I do get notification.  For example: in my inbox I will see two  messages: "request to change private comment to public", and "new feedback".  The messages contain a link that takes me to the Page--in editing mode.  I can see the comment at the bottom of the Page, but the only option I appear to have is to delete the comment. I do not see an option to make it public.  I posted a comment myself, and selected to make it public, so I know that it is not meant to be a private comment. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 March 2011, 13:45

Hi Ellen,

I have added a comment with 'Place feedback' at here, http://eportfolios.skagerak.org/view/view.php?id=378. The default set up was 'Make public' ticked.

And it displayed without any othe step. I did not need to approve it.

I added the second one from other browser which is not logged in. and it also placed feedback without problem.

08 March 2011, 17:51

Hi Shinichi,

Thanks for your response.  My question is regarding how to approve comments when I've selected the option to "Modify comments". I can see the comments, and I can see that the comment is private.  I can also see a way to delete the comment, but I do not see a way to approve the comment.  When I posted the comment I saw a message that said the comment would be private until it was approved by the owner. I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Thanks,

Ellen

Account deleted

08 March 2011, 23:55

Hi Ellen,

Can you clarify one thing. How do you set the option 'Modify comments'?

Which version of Mahara are you using?

As far as I know, when you untick the box 'Make Public' in the comment area, only you can see it and there is a box 'Make public' at the right of that comment.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 March 2011, 0:55

Hello Shinichi and Ellen,

I will try to do some testing as I don't know how the comment moderation works. Richard, who implemented it, is currently away, and we can't ask him. Please remind me at the end of March if I haven't gotten back to you with his answer by then. Wink

I suppose, Ellen, that you would like to see the comment in a moderation queue before it is posted to the feedback area so that you can approve / deny it?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

10 March 2011, 2:48

I could reproduce the same problem.

And also it seems anyone can delete that comment as well. This must be a bug. I file a bug report here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/732463

2 posts by Account deleted were deleted

8 results