Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
RSS Issue

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 February 2011, 5:25

Hi,

Hope you can help me.

One of teams is looking  to use RSS feeds in the views but they do not seem to be updating despite the cron job being set up.

it looks as though they being cached, which makes sense as you don't want multiple calls all of the time, but they don't seem to update at all(we have one from the BBC sports feed that hasn't updated since october 2010 and new instances of that rss on seperate views show october)

Wondering if this is something you have come accross before?

Regards

Paul

Loughborough College

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 February 2011, 3:08

Hello Paul,

Which version of Mahara are you using? We've had this problem a long time ago and figured out that it was a cron problem. It was fixed already in a 1.2 version. You can find the old thread on http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1057

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 February 2011, 3:01

HI,

We are running the lastest version of mahara, 1.3.3.

Just check the error logs and getting the following error:

log_message("cronjob "externalfeed.refresh_feeds" didn't get ru...", 8, true, true) at /var/www/mahara12/lib/errors.php:109[Sun Feb 20 08:30:01 2011] [error] [client 193.61.111.120]   * log_warn("cronjob "externalfeed.refresh_feeds" didn't get ru...") at /var/www/mahara12/lib/cron.php:126

The intial feed is working fine so there doesn't seem to be a block to externeal feeds.

Any idea?

If its a server issue i'll investigate further.

Regards

Paul

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 March 2011, 16:39

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the error message as I am not a developer. I hope that one of them has an idea of what's wrong.

Cheers

Kristina

François Marier's profile picture

01 March 2011, 17:44

I wonder what is preventing the error message to be displayed in full. Perhaps you have access to the unabridged error message somewhere?

Without the rest of the error message ("didnt get ru..."), it's pretty hard to see what might be going wrong :(

Cheers,

Francois

5 results