Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to unlock a Mahara view?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 February 2011, 1:03

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to unlock a view submitted to Moodle (1.9.10) for assessment that has become locked within Mahara (1.3.3).

I have deleted the original assignment in Moodle, but the view in Mahara remains locked.

I've located the view in question in the database, but don't know which field I need to change to unlock the view.

Any help most appreciated :)

Clive

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 February 2011, 2:43

Hello Clive,

Normally, a view is released by the teacher when he gives feedback. Look at the view in the group to which it was submitted on Mahara. Above the "Place feedback" field you should see a button "Release view".

Cheers

Kristina

14 February 2011, 2:54

Reading your question, Clive, means to me you succeed in making Mahara and Moodle inter-operating. Good job.

When you submit a view to Moodle, it is locked and will remain so until teacher(s) has/have assessed the work. When the mark is given, this information is sent to Mahara with outcomes achievement, if you use outcomes.

If delete the assessment activity in Moodle before having evaluated the view, the latest remain locked.

You can unlock the view the hard way with phpmyadmin or directly in editing the database my mysql commands.

You must set the two following fields to NULL

• submittedtime
  • submittedhost

in the table "view"

Hope this helps.

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 February 2011, 4:01

Thanks for the sugegstions. I've found an alternative method which is to comment out one line in

/home/vle1011user/moodle/mod/assignment/type/mahara/assignment.class.php

The relevant excerpt from the file is shown below:

function process_outcomes($userid) {
        global $CFG, $MNET, $USER;
        parent::process_outcomes($userid);

// Export outcomes to the mahara site
        $grading_info = grade_get_grades($this->course->id, 'mod', 'assignment', $this->assignment->id, $userid);

if (empty($grading_info->outcomes)) {
//            return;
        }

if (!$submission = $this->get_submission($userid)) {
            return;
        }

Commenting out the return statement above means that once and assignment is graded in Moodle (whether or not it has outcomes set) it is released in Mahara.

Whether there are any unwanted side effects of the above code amendment waits to be seen ;)

4 results