Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Import html pages (website)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 February 2011, 20:12

Hello

I just wondered if there is any way to import an existing website as a Collection in Mahara 1.3?

Thanks

Richard

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 February 2011, 23:35

Hello Richard,

Please check http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2762 for a very similar discussion.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 February 2011, 1:20

Hi Kristina I guess that's a no then :). I was thinking more of reversing the export a collection option to import simple web pages as a series of connected views or even importing simple web pages as views and then connecting them together as a collection. Thanks Richard
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 February 2011, 2:47

Hi Richard,

Yes, it is a no. Today's web pages are often not just simple HTML pages that contain all the information, but they often have at least a linked CSS file and then some images going with it that are also linked. Thus, importing such a web page is not simple and as all files that are uploaded to Mahara get a unique ID even if you did have a simple self-contained HTML page, you would have to relink the images. With a bit of work that can be done but not automatically in a collection.

You could however still save the entire site in a zip file: The disadvantage is that a viewer would always have to unzip it first. Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas than the ones that have already been brought forward in the other forum.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results