Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to change the contents in the home page

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 February 2011, 9:27

What is the best way to change the contents in the home page?

Do I need to change any php or database entry?

Thanks in advance.

06 February 2011, 7:06

Without changing php / html files content, the only customisation you can provide to your home page is by menus. Go to Site Administration->Configure Site->Menus

Apart of that you can of course edit php/html files to customise Mahara according with your personnal needs, but upgrading to future Mahara version will become more complicate for you.

Cheers,

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 February 2011, 1:42

Hi Shin,

Do you want to change the content on the logged out homepage or on your dashboard page when you are logged in? When you want to change the static content on the homepage, you can do so in Site Administration -> Configure Site -> Edit Site Pages.

If you want to change the content on your dashboard, i.e. your homepage once you are logged in, you can do so under My Portfolio -> and choose your Dashboard page as you are using Mahara 1.3.

You can get rid of the big box with the Mahara workflow by just closing it using the X in the top right-hand corner of the box. There is always some static text shown at the top of the page. So you should keep that to the minimum on th site page.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 December 2011, 21:10

Hello

How to change name Dashboard-Home and Powed by link. please help me

i couldn't find from htdocs folder

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 December 2011, 21:25

Hello Batka,

This text would sit in a language file.

"Dashboard", for example, appears in /lang/en.utf8/admin.php and /lang/en.utf8/view.php

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

6 results