Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
TextBox content when View is deleted

27 January 2011, 10:28

I've tried to see if this question is answer elsewhere, but wasn't able to find it.  When a View is deleted, the following warning message appears: Note: all the content blocks that have been added to the view will not be deleted. However, any feedback placed against the view will be deleted. Consider backing up the view by exporting it first.

1. This message seems to indicate that TextBox blocks (which would be content blocks) will not be deleted.  If this is the case, where is the text stored?

2. Also, what would be the best option for exporting a view, as suggested in the warning.  How can it be used in the future? It is my understanding that LEAP2 files can only be imported when creating a new user. 

Thanks.

Ellen

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 January 2011, 12:59

Hello Ellen,

Thank you for spotting this error. Text boxes are not yet artefacts but only available in a view.

We had discussed this already last year on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/605705 but apparently did not reach a conclusion and the issue was not fixed. I'll re-open the bug.

You can export a view also as HTML so that you can view it without having to have a Mahara installation. I'd suggest you export as both HTML and Leap2A so that you have both alternatives depending on what you have available: just your computer and a browser or a full-fledged Mahara.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results