Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to publish a view in the frontpage?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 January 2011, 19:22

Maybe this question has been aswered, but I was not able to find information.

I would like to publish a view in the frontpage of the site for non logged in users.

Is it possible?  I can produce a public view from admin for a group. Until there is no problem.

But how I can insert the view in the frontpage?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Account deleted

28 January 2011, 12:42

Anybody may comment if this is possible (to publish a view in the frontpage, without coding), so I don't spend more time trying to figure how to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 January 2011, 23:35

Hello Roberto,

I don't know of a way to insert a view directly on the home page of Mahara without hacking the code. This site here, mahara.org has a few site views that are accessible via the navigation bar, e.g. About and Partners, but mahara.org is customized to emphasize the community and the forums.

I think if you want to have a view accessible to anybody, you'd have to link it from the home page.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

30 January 2011, 15:15

Thanks Kristina for the clarification.

I was looking for something like the "in the news..." box that mahara.org site has in the right column or other way to publish a view in the home page, in order to showcase and "invite" visitors to join the site.

Maybe would be a good idea to have an option similar to "Show home page information" that is found in the "Site Settings" section, but for views too.

For the time being, I have done what you have suggested, a link from the homepage to a view.

Thanks again.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 January 2011, 18:34

Hello Roberto,

The "in the news..." box is custom code for the mahara.org site and not part of the standard distribution.

You can put your idea / wishlist item on Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug

Cheers

Kristina

5 results