Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Error when i embed an external rss

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 January 2011, 3:56

hi everyone,

I was trying to insert rss link into the external feed,  the error below appear and the feed is not added:

"There was an error with submitting this form. Please check the marked fields and try again"

Would be grateful for any help!

regards,

bahaa

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 January 2011, 13:52

Hello Bahaa,

Could you please provide the RSS feed link that you wanted to use? Sometimes there is a problem with them or it's not a reall RSS feed.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

07 January 2011, 0:24

hello kristina,

thank you for your reply, i test these links:

http://feed.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/Technology

http://rss.cnn.com/rss/edition_world.rss

do you have any suggestion?

regards

bahaa.

07 January 2011, 23:28

Hello Bahaa,

The correct feed for the NYT is http://feeds.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/Technology

The one for CNN is correct. I can embed both without problems in a view on demo.mahara.org . As you seem to be able to access both sites, it shouldn't be a problem that they are blocked in your country. Can you access the feeds from your browser or email?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

10 January 2011, 0:27

hello kristina,

Thank you again for your reply, yes i can access the feeds from my browser. and there is no problem if i embed the feed into my account in mahara.org.

what is your suggestion?

Account deleted

10 January 2011, 6:23

hello again,

just for information we are behind a proxy, i configure proxy settings (Proxy address,  Proxy authenticated model, Proxy credentials) and it didn't work, so please advice.

regards

bahaa

10 January 2011, 18:17

Hello Bahaa,

Sorry, but I don't have a clue what the problem could be then on your installation. What version of Mahara are you running?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

11 January 2011, 0:35

hello kristina,

im using mahara 1.3.3 on redhat 6, from within the server we can reach the url but from mahara we cannot.

Regards

bahaa.

Account deleted

11 January 2011, 3:06

Hi Bahaa,

If possible, could you check the apache error log. It may have additional information on the issue, particularly if it's proxy related.

You say that you've configured the proxy settings, I assume that you mean within Mahara specifically.

I would hazard a guess that your issue is related to your proxy server in some way. What authentication model are you using?

Andrew

Account deleted

11 January 2011, 3:15

Bahaa,

Are you trying to use Basic (NCSA) auth? If so, can you try applying the following patch and try again?

I haven't got a suitable proxy to test against, so if this resolves your issue then I'll file the appropriate bug and push the fix upstream for inclusion in 1.3.4.

Andrew

12 results