Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
LEAP2A export from Moodle

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 December 2010, 23:17

I've got this working with Moodle 2, Mahara 1.3, but I'd like to know a bit more about the functionality.

When I export an online text assignment from Moodle as LEAP2A, it seems to create a new blog with 1 entry (the submission).

It creates a new blog, called "Data imported from Leap2A export from Moodle for name" for each Moodle export.

Is there any alternative to this? We were hoping to have students complete an assignment in number of steps in moodle, then assemble those steps into a Mahara view. This can still be done, but then each student will have lots of blogs each with one entry.

Account deleted

23 February 2011, 12:51

@Gregor: I am not able to answer to you question, sorry. But I am just curious about how you are going to use Moodle-Mahara. Can you tell me about what you are going to do? I am searching for methods how to integrate them.

Account deleted

24 February 2011, 16:37

Well, really we're waiting for the Mahara repository to be built for Moodle 2 so that students can submit views as assignments.

We're also looking at getting some info from moodle back to Mahara. We have an moodle orientation course which gets students to work out learning plan, learning styles, etc which we'd like them to be able to reflect and build upon after their initial creation-- so they should be in their eportfolio. So we're trying the existing ways of getting info from Moodle to Mahara.

In the case I posted about, it's just that the material comes across as a whole blog, rather than an entry. No doubt it's due to the leap2a format. I haven't looked into it at all, but I guess its a structured format, probably like an outline, and so it maps onto a blog, rather than an entry. I was just posing the question here to see if someone could give me more details on this.

Account deleted

24 February 2011, 19:59

Gregor,

It's a combination of the Leap2a generated by Moodle and Mahara's import policies.  Blog posts are Mahara's generic catch-all artefact that any Leap2a content gets mapped to if it fails to map to a view or to any other artefact type. This could be changed of course, so that Mahara will accept whatever's coming out of Moodle as a view, or a blog, but we'd probably need to add some specific rules to capture the case you're describing.

Account deleted

25 February 2011, 2:58

Hi everyone;

Please help me to configure my Mahara 1.3.3 with an ldap server v3, i create an institution ldap but it dosen't work

Please help me it very important for me....

Thaks a lot for any idea..

Account deleted

18 April 2011, 19:09

Hello all

I also have this sort of working.  from an enabled forum, the leap2a export puts the discussions in as blog posts and from html as a file.  

However, I cannot seem to do anything with the html file itself, neither click to open it nor add it to a view.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 April 2011, 15:41

Hello Richard,

Did you try to put the HTML file into your view via the block type "Some HTML" under "Files, Images, and Video"?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

06 July 2011, 22:16

Hi

Sorry for neglecting to post again, we are about to test the integration with real students next week.  I found that if the posts are exported as Leap2a then they appear in the blog area.  So once it is a blog post in Mahara then it can be used in a view.

As to the export of files attached to forum posts this is working now and it seems that the issue may have been with the css attached to the select button in the file dialog (adding to a view dialog) - ie it does not change state on hover or click.  However, that's likely to be me messing with the theme (self-inflicted).

Sorry again for being so slack and ill-mannered.

Cheers

Richard

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 July 2011, 6:20

Hello Richard,

Thanks for coming back to the thread and for posting the update.

If you find any issues with the Leap2A export, please report them in our bug tracker https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara or report back here in the forums. As the Leap2A export from Moodle to Mahara is still new, it probably hasn't been used by many extensively so far. Thus, your feedback on how it performs under live conditions will be very valuable.

Cheers

Kristina

9 results