Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
How to Insert Facebook like plugin in Profile Block

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 December 2010, 4:52

Hi,

I want to insert a facebook like script to add a option to allow people to like my profile how can i add that.

I tried to add a html page contaning facebook script but it is not working........

12 March 2011, 12:10

Hi Shivesh,

I've been experimenting with different options myself, and have not yet found a solution, but I'm not an experienced coder--I just dabble.  If I find a way to add the Like button, I will post it.  If you find one, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ellen

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

16 March 2011, 3:34

I had a couple of spare hours, so I came up with this: http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=35645

Install it, test it and please report back, if it is what you've expected.

Demo can be seen at: http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/view/view.php?id=6

Regards,
Gregor

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 March 2011, 2:20

Hi Gregor,

I'm the first to like and to comment. Great. It works nicely and shows up on my Facebook page.

Cool.

Kristina

Account deleted

06 December 2012, 4:34

Hi Kristina,

We're experimenting with the Facebook like plugin on our test server. For some reason, the "like" does not show up on my Facebook activity even though the page is public. Also- when I attempt to comment on the page, the comment does not appear.

Have others had issues with this?

Best,

Michelle

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 December 2012, 19:52

Hello Michelle,

Maybe Facebook changed something in their API? We've had an issue with the Facebook logo that we created specifically to be picked up by Facebook, tested it, all went well and then when going live, they had changed things.

The plugin is not part of Mahara core and thus it depends on the maintainer to make updates to it. I don't know if Gregor has already been looking into this issue or not.

In regard to your comments not showing up: Can you please be more specific? Do you see them when you are logged in and just not when you view the page publicly? If someone made their comment private, only you can see it when you are logged in. If it is public, everyone who has access to the page should be able to view it.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 March 2011, 4:28

Hi Gregor

Its a great Plugin Thanx a ton..............

Wullie's profile picture

30 March 2011, 3:59

Hi,

I have downloaded and unpacked the zip file into the blocktype folder, then installed the plugin in the Plugin Administration section, but I cannot get a like button to display.

Any suggestions as to what Im doing wrong?

Thanks

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

30 March 2011, 9:19

If you've successfully installed it, it should work.

Try to edit a Mahara view or your Mahara profile view. When editing, you should see the tabs (in which the blocks are arranged). Click on tabs, until you'll see the Facebook Like block. Then drag that block to your view or profile view, customize and save it.

That's all to it.

If you cannot add the like button to your view, than please provide detailed description of what you're doing.

Regards,
Gregor

Ali Hastie's profile picture

31 March 2011, 11:02

Hi Gregor

I have successfully installed the Facebook like plugin and it embeds accordingly within profile areas and views etc. But when I click on the Like i am sent to Facebook which only displays a header:

FB Header

Using Mahara 1.3.2

Cheers

Ali

17 results