Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Sharing portfolios

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 December 2010, 7:46

Hello Forummers

I've been looking at Mahara with much interest over past couple of days, I've installed the latest 1.3.3 version and got it all working nicely.

However, struggling with a couple of things and I hope you guys will point me in the right direction.

I have enabled public views and public profiles, however how does one get the URL for emailining around.

Also is it possible for a user to give access to certain members i.e. tutors is it public profiles.

Thank you for any assistance in advance

Best
Gareth

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 December 2010, 17:34

Hi Gareth,

You can click on the view and get the address from the browser's address bar. Or if you are on the view overview page, you can make a right mouse click on the view you want to link and copy the address from there.

You cannot give access to your user profileto just certain people. The profiles are open to anyone on Mahara and if you allow public access, to anybody on the internet.

If you want to have information / artefacts etc. that only certain people should see, you should put them in a separate view and not your profile view. Then you can give specific access permissions. The people with access are emailed about this new view access.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 December 2010, 2:52

Hello,

I have a similar problem which I think is a bug.

I can set view access through a secret URL. If I copy the generated address and paste into the webb reader's URL field (in another browser that I didn't use for login) I come to the login window instead. If I do the same operation again it works. This is a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

We run Mahara version 1.2.4 (2009111013)

Regards,

Odd.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 December 2010, 3:39

Hello Odd,

Yes, this is a bug for which there is also a fix available for 1.3, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/661613

Cheers

Kristina

4 results