Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
My module block type does not appear in blocktype_installed db table.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 November 2010, 14:41

I am developing a reading module as an artefact. I almost completed the program except one problem.

Everything seems to work fine except I cannot find my module blocktype in blocktype_installed db table.

I could add the reading artefacts into views.

There might be a problem when I installed my plugin.

I wonder what is the function in my blocktype lib.php for my module name to be appeared in blocktype_installed db.

Thanks. 

Account deleted

17 November 2010, 3:28

Actually there were no problems. I found the items in the next page of query result in netbeans ide.

I did not look at the next page of query result at all.Smile.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 November 2010, 23:47

Hello Jong-Dae,

Great that you didn't have a problem with your plugin after all. What is your plugin about? Would you be willing to share it with the community and link it to http://wiki.mahara.org/Plugins ?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

22 November 2010, 0:01

My plugin is for reading. The plugin is similar to blog except that users can add the cover image of the book.

The plugin uses web service from online book company to fectch book cover image and title. My plugin will be useful only for korean because the plugin uses webservice from a Korean book company.

However, similar approach may be applied in other countries. A reading plugin using amazon web service may be developed.

Thanks.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 November 2010, 1:22

Hello Jong-Dae,

Thanks for the overview of your plugin. Even though it may only work for the specific Korean service now, it would still be great to have it linked on the community page so that other Korean users may use it or maybe somebody else wants to pick it up and develop the interface to another web service.

Your plugin sounds like a good idea to have together with ratings for recommending books to fellow users / learners and talk about the book.

Do you have a demo somewhere?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

23 November 2010, 7:22

The demo site is http://www.ilearn.kr

Thanks for your interests.

JD Park

6 results