Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
MahDrudle+ integration

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

07 June 2011, 7:40

Hi all,  I am currently looking at MahDrudle+ integration.

I have Drupal and Moodle SSO working using a version of the Auth plugin that Roberto links to above, however it is not just a case of dropping the code into Mahara sadly.  

I had previously looked at implementing MNET for Drupal but as the Moodle devs have announced that they are moving away from using to MNET a more open solution I decided not to pursue it further.

I think the first thing I need to find out the difference between Mahara and Moodle plugins, it may just be a version issue but I am fairly new to Mahara and Moodle so I don't know how a version of Mahara equates to a particular version of Moodle.

Are people still interested in this? I am happy to post my progress here or where politely directed.

Cheers

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 June 2011, 21:15

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for re-activating this thread and for looking into the integration.

Mahara and Moodle are developed entirely separately and the roadmaps or release cycles are not matched up.

You may wish to read Gregor's tutorial on how to create a blocktype plugin.

You may also wish to keep an eye on the development work that is currently underway for the LMS-MyPortfolio Interoperability Project in New Zealand (MyPortfolio = a Mahara installation). This will allow for account provisioning, sending of notifications and moving of content between LMSs and Mahara. The first implementation will be for KnowledgeNet, one of the three most widely used LMSs in NZ. The development will be compatible with Moodle and will use the Moodle web services as Moodle is one of the three LMSs. The first results for a proof-of-concept for connecting LMS and Mahara are due at the end of June 2011.

Cheers

Kristina

13 June 2011, 3:54

Hi Kristina,

thank you for your reply.

When I asked about roadmaps I obviously asked the wrong person, thank you for confirming what the code was telling me. I can now backup a bit the move forward on the right track.

I will spend today going through Gregor's tutorial and I will check out the  LMS-MyPortfolio Interoperability Project .

Cheers

Kevin

17 June 2011, 20:17

Hello Kevin,

All the best with your investigation. I hope you'll find what you are looking for. It would be great if you posted about your progress.

Cheers

Kristina

31 August 2012, 5:11

Hi Kristina,

in the end we went with simpleSAMLphp to provide SSO, Drupal and Mahara on the same database with custom modules. The configuration of simpleSAMLphp took a bit of work but with some consultation from Simon at Catalyst we got it working.

Kevin

01 September 2012, 21:04

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for remembering to post your feedback. Great that Simon could help you sort things out.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 November 2012, 7:03

can you please help me to know what changes you have made to integrate drupal with mahara

A post by Account deleted was deleted

19 results