Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
iphone App

Ali Hastie's profile picture

04 October 2011, 7:33

On the back of my post above, how is the new iphone app for Mahara coming along? Will there be support for users to login within this new app for Mahara that has SSO from Moodle?

Cheers

Ali

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 October 2011, 1:29

Hi Ali,

A good news that we has nearly finished a new community version of PortfolioUP which can run on Mahara 1.4+, 1.3, 1.2 with some new features. It will be upload to apps store very soon.

you can keep an eye on our blog http://www.brightcookie.com/our-services/consulting-additional-services/portfolioup/ to get the information when it is released.

For Mahara 1.4+, it will use Token key ( as MaharaDroid ) and be able to run with SSO authentication.

We are also planing to develop another version of PortfolioUP which allow user to record video, audio and upload them to Mahara as well as upload files.

Cheers,

Kien

Ali Hastie's profile picture

07 October 2011, 3:38

Hi Kien

That's excellent news, thank you very much....look forward to experimenting with this.

Ali.

Account deleted

07 November 2011, 20:01

Hi, 

The new Iphone Apps for Mahara 1.4+ now is available on Apps store.

It still can run with earlier version pf Mahara (1.3-)

You need to upgrade new Mahara PortfolioUp plugin to run this.

Please read this artical for more information:

http://www.brightcookie.com/our-services/consulting-additional-services/portfolioup/

Cheers,

Kien

08 November 2011, 0:22

Hello Kien,

I tried it this morning and it works great !

Thank you for your work and for sharing that with us.

If you want to add a French interface to your app, let me know and we do it. And also, by the way, I would like to know if/how difficult it would be to send not only pictures but movies and just texts to the Mahara with a future Portfolioup app.

Cheers,

-dajan

Account deleted

30 November 2011, 11:29

Very interested in app for class we are working on for portfolios. Having trouble getting to work should the portfolioUp pluggin show up as installed in mahara 1.4 . Also does it require php  xmlrpc library to be installed? Also installed app on ipad with ios 5 and it crashes at startup . Loads < ios 5 version on my itouch

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 November 2011, 12:52

Hello Bud,

Sorry, I can't help you with the app itself, but what you can check is if you have mobile upload enabled in the site administration -> Configure Site -> General Settings. That may already get you a step closer.

Cheers

Kristina

09 December 2011, 17:45

Hello Kien,

Are you thinking about using the built-in functionality of Mahara to use with your iPhone app so that the plugin is not required anymore? As far as I can see from the info site of PortfolioUp, it uses the mobile upload token and that's already a functionality that exists.

It would make it easier and faster to use the app if it could work with that.

For the time being: Would your app also work with 1.5?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

12 January 2012, 4:54

Hi Kristina,

Yes, we are thinking about using the built-in functionality of Mahara to work with PortfolioUP.

However there is some technical issues that we need to overcome to archive that as we are using different sending data methods to the server.

We will update this on our blog when we can sort this out.

Cheers,

Kien

15 January 2012, 0:01

Hello Kien,

Thank you for your answer. It would be fantastic, if you updated the forum here as well once you have the standard Mahara token working.

Cheers

Kristina