Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
m4a support?

Mike Korn's profile picture

12 October 2010, 21:27

Hi All,

1.3.0 does not seem to allow for embedding m4a files into a view . Is this intentional or a bug? Additionally, some cannot be played through Firefox or Chrome but others can. The same files can be played via Moodle though.

thanks in advance,

Mike

12 October 2010, 22:06

Just tested in IE - same files won't play either. Aditional info - Running Ubuntu server 10.04 64 bit. MySql too.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

12 October 2010, 23:27

Hi Mike,

You probably know this but one can go into Extensions=>Plugin Administration, then  'file/internalmedia' , click 'Config' and then select all the boxes you want enabled.

13 October 2010, 3:47

Thanks for the reply Dirk,

Yes - first thing I did. When I try to embed in a view, it gives me a message saying file type not supported. Went to check to make sure and all boxes were checked on the config page - but m4a isn't list there. It's really weird that when added as a downloadable file, some play in the browser while others won't. 

Mike

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 October 2010, 14:21

Hi Mike,

The extension .m4a would have to be added to the supported internal media files. I filed a report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/660135

I don't know why some of your .m4a files play while others don't when you provide them as downloadable files. I don't think that that is an issue of Mahara but of your browser.

Cheers

Kristina

01 November 2010, 22:24

Thanks for that - looking forward to the fix.

Mike

08 November 2010, 20:24

I guess this didn't make it into 1.3.3...too bad as creating podcasts with garagebands results in an m4a.

François Marier's profile picture

08 November 2010, 21:40

Hi Mike,

Does it work if you rename it to mp4 before uploading it to Mahara?

Cheers,

Francois

8 results