Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
View editing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 October 2010, 8:17

Forgive me if I'm wrong but has the ability to change the size of columns in a view been removed, or am I missing something?

Thanks

Kevin

Account deleted

05 October 2010, 9:26

Hi Kevin,

The ability to change the size of columns is still around:

• select "Change my View's column layout" between the content selections and the content area;
  • choose the number of columns; click next; and
  • select the layout you want.

Andrew

Account deleted

05 October 2010, 10:44

Thanks Andrew

We are running version 1.2.5 and I cannot find that functionality. We used to have it before we upgradd from 1.9.something, but can't find it now, only add and remove columns.

Thanks

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 October 2010, 16:07

Hi Kevin,

You should have it in 1.2.5. I remember seeing it. The link to the change layout should sit either on the left or on the right above the area where you can drop blocks.

If you don't have it, could you please send a screenshot of a regular (empty) view in the edit mode?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

06 October 2010, 2:42

Hi Kristina, here is a screenshot as you requested, as you can see there is no button to go to the change column size screen. I do have the button in preferences that toggles add/remove columns.

Look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 October 2010, 15:33

Hi Kevin,

You are definitely missing things above the area where you can drag blocks into. Not just the "Change my View's Content Layout" but also "Display View" at the right-hand side. It seems there is something wrong on your installation.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what. Frown Maybe somebody else has an idea?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

06 October 2010, 16:13

Kevin, I remember this now, it's a bug in the Aqua theme when used with IE.  You can either upgrade to 1.2.6, or apply this:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/fc2d1bac732393975d108384898ad330382aa286

Account deleted

08 October 2010, 3:21

Thanks Richard

All's well now

Kevin

Account deleted

05 October 2010, 16:27

There is also a user preference that removes the link to change the number of columns in the view, and displays add/remove column buttons instead.

The page where you choose layouts should still be there no matter what you set that option to, but it only shows when you have 2,3, or 4 columns in your view.  If you have 1 or 5 columns, there are no choices for the column sizes.

9 results