Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
GoogleApps in 1.3

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 September 2010, 20:11

Hello Gregor,

I've seen that you updated the GoogleApps blocktype plugin for 1.3. Is there a trick to include GoogleDocs? I tried with the URL or a public doc, but I could not get it to show up. Calendar works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Kristina

19 September 2010, 21:28

Just another question right behind my previous one: If students only want to share their Google Docs with certain people, could they still use the Google blocktype? I can imagine that they make their view visible to the same people.

Or would the docs always have to be public? Or would it be enough to have the URL? I'm just thinking about those docs that need to get shared, but the entire world should not know about them.

Cheers

Kristina

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

20 September 2010, 3:47

Well I didn't update the GoogleApps plugin yet. I've update how the blocktype handles Google Docs (that is because, Google changed the URLs for Google Docs...)

I don't know if the plugin works correctly in Mahara 1.3.x - haven't had the time to test it, but i'll do it in the near future...

I also am not aware if Google has changed some of it's GoogleDocs URLs (for documents, spreadsheets, presentations ...)

Regarding your question about the documents to be public... I really don't know, because I haven't tested it. You are welcome to do it -  but I imagine, that the same policies work for the blocktype as for the GoogleDocs itself.. The blocktype only creates an embed code (same as GoogleDocs), so I suppose the access privileges are the same as they are in GoogleDocs?

21 September 2010, 4:57

New GoogleApps blocktype for Mahara 1.3 (I think it should also work in Mahara 1.2.x) can be found here: http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11634 - you can also find instructions on how to embed Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Maps.

Now it also support the embedding of Google Maps.

@Kristina: I think the documents should be public or must be published via Publish to the Web or something similar to be available to other people...

Gregor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 September 2010, 7:52

Good but Google Map Functionality is not Working.

Please Check.

If work how can i use give me the Step.

21 September 2010, 16:15

Hello Gregor,

Thank you very much for your responses and the update. The instructions definitely help to work out how to embed documents as they have to be published to the web. I guess that's why it had not worked for me earlier because I copied the document link immediately. Now everything is fine.

Google Maps works for me (Mahara 1.3.1). I think the trick here is that it must be a "My Maps" map and not just any Google Maps link, Mrunal.

Just a suggestion: Were it possible to include the instructions as help file in the block type? Eventually, people may not remember where to look for the instructions and in this case they are very important to get the links right.

Thanks a lot for making it work, Gregor.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 September 2010, 23:01

Thank you for your Response.

I follow the steps for how to embedded google map.

I create the Map then customised & preview link & then copy the embedded code

but still map functionality is not working.

22 September 2010, 2:08

Hi Mrunal,

Did you save the map to "My Maps"?

Cheers

Kristina

22 September 2010, 2:18

Actually I found out, that the URLs for Google My Map and any other Google Map are slightly different, so I also added support for embedding any Google Maps. Previously only Google My Maps could be embedded.

And Kristina I also added help to blocktype, explaining the steps for embedding Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Maps. I also think it is wise for help to be included, but haven't thought of it sooner...

Cheers, Gregor

Account deleted

22 September 2010, 3:34

Thank you for quick Reply,

now google Map Functionality is Working.

Thank you,

47 results