Open Discussion /
Social Networking sites - info required

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 April 2010, 11:20

Don Presant's profile picture

11 June 2010, 16:18

Is there a status on this initiative?

Is it active, since Nigel has left Catalyst?

Account deleted

13 June 2010, 16:39

Hi Don, unfortunately it hasn't made it past the stage of gathering a list (and the few that appear already in the admin area).  We will write more filters when our other priorities allow it, but probably not in the very near future unless they're funded.  We've also had offers from a couple of others to write filters but none have come in yet as far as I'm aware.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Account deleted

15 July 2012, 20:02

Hey Nigel

My name is Anna,

I and two of my colleagues have just created a brand new social networking site www.mixrgroup.com  which allows students moving into university hostels, Staring a new University/School the ability to mix and get to know other students moving into the same Hostel, or attending the same university/school. Many students find it very scary moving into a hostel especially as for most of them it is their first time living away from home. We really wanted to create a platform were students could go and discover others who will be living at the same hostel, going to the same university/School. they can start mixing getting to know each other freely. By the time students move into their allocated hostels or start at new university/school they won’t feel as alone and will have become more confident about making the big transition. Being that the site is completely new we would love and appreciate your support to get on board and help promote mixrgroup to students making them aware of the site.

We maintain the site around the clock to insure no offensive language, nudity or other inappropriate behaviour or content is posted on the site, so you do not need to worry about that.

How our site can help you? Giving you a place to freely advertise your hostel/University/classes to our site, write a description, prices, contact details and other information. You can add events that are linked to your university/schools, hostels; these events will have their own official page and will be linked to the main hostel. University/school information page.

Our main purpose is to make the moving and university/school experience as smooth and friendly as possible. Students will feel more confident, included and not alone.

If you could send me a contact phone number where I could call to discuss this further this would be greatly appreciated.

Really looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards

Anna

Account deleted

23 August 2012, 11:29

Hi,

I and 2 of my friends are going to create a social  networking site. Can you pls tell me the hardware requirements and software requirements???

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 August 2012, 15:30

Hello Padma,

You can find the information about the hardware and software requirements in the installation guide at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

38 results