Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
auth saml - sso problems

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 August 2010, 5:02

Hi all,

I am trying to set up the auth saml module and I need some help :)

I have got simplesaml working fine outside of mahara, but when i goto maharainstall/auth/saml the redirect works to simplesaml and the to the idp but the return from the idp goes back on the simplesaml idp selection page.

I was using the latest release, so I tried to use the older one (that the current auth saml instructions seem to match) but cant get hold of the plugin.

Finally I installed the beta version of mahra 1.3 and the the /auth/saml link did not work error "institution for connecting user not resolved".

Anybody have any tips on getting it working?

Thanks,

Tom

Account deleted

04 August 2010, 8:50

Quick update:

Think I have found the cause, the return I get from the idp is not matched with a authority. Looking at the simplesaml logs I get

"Aug 04 09:34:07 simplesamlphp DEBUG [94e0941a59] Library - Session: Check if session is valid. checkauthority:default-sp thisauthority:null"

whilst in the simplesaml demo that works I get

"Aug 04 09:32:17 simplesamlphp DEBUG [d13505167d] Library - Session: Check if session is valid. checkauthority:default-sp thisauthority:default-sp isauthenticated:yes remainingtime:28800"

so need to set the authority somehow, anybody know how?

will update if I fix it.

Cheers,

Tom

Account deleted

04 August 2010, 9:24

Ok more progress...

I checked the mahara error log and found this entry

[Wed Aug 04 06:29:06 2010] [error] [client 62.252.24.130]   * ensure_sanity() at /usr/share/mahara/htdocs/init.php:80

Dont know if it was connected but the sanity check did not work in the simplesaml install. So I commented this out and now I got  a redirect back to Mahara!

However the page content is below (dont think it is a big problem).

So I hope this post helps any others who go down this path, I guess the sanity check could be removed / seen as a bug?

---------

Not Found

The page you are looking for could not be found

Institution for connecting user not resolved

--------

Cheers,

Tom

Account deleted

02 September 2010, 10:21

Did you find any solution to the "Institution for connecting user not resolved" problem?

I'm experiencing the same after configuring a Mahara institution using the SAML auth plugin. The "simplesamlphp" install works directly authenticating using an LDAP backend but login in Mahara fails with above message.

Account deleted

03 September 2010, 2:32

Hi,

Yes, I figured it out (sorry should have posted on here). Basically the SSO was working fine. But from the returned xml from the idp I was not extracting and institution name that matches with one already in Mahara.

I used a simplesaml example IDP (openidp.feide.no) to do the SSO which had a name of realm-rnd.feide.no so I used that as the "institution value to check against attribute"  in the SAML authentication plugin window and it worked.

Cheers,

Tom

Joan Forcada's profile picture

03 July 2019, 23:31

I have a same error:

Not found

The page you are looking for could not be found.

Institution for connecting user not resolved.

I don't understant this solution. Can you help me please?

Thanks in advandce.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture
7 results