Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Different types of user in Demo mode?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 July 2010, 18:08

Hello,

I'm an instructional designer looking into portfolio systems. Ideally, I would like to see how different users would be presented with the Mahara tool (say, a student vs an administrator or faculty member). What "view" am I seeing in the Demo account I just registered for? Is it possible to try out the different views while using the Demo? Please let me know if you need clarification.

Thank you!
Urmila Venkatesh

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 July 2010, 21:31

Hello Urmila,

We do not yet have a demo site where you can log in as student, teacher or admin, but put that on a To Do list because it would be nice to have.

When you go into the admin area can you administer certain aspects of the institution. I cannot give you admin access for the entire demo site where you can do a bit more.

When you are not in the admin area, you have a combination of staff / teacher and admin rights. The difference between a teacher and a student is basically that a teacher can create "Controlled Membership" groups. Otherwise, there is no difference to a student. You will still need to search for a user's portfolio as you would as a student.

If you want to find out more what an administrator of an entire Mahara site can do, please go to the Site Administrator Guide.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 July 2010, 11:21

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Urmila

3 results