Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Moving views from demo site

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 July 2010, 4:31

Hi all,

Our team have created accounts on this site to get a feel of how to use Mahara.

Now we haveMahara installed I want to know if there is a way of moving the views we created from this site to our site?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 July 2010, 14:50

Hello Tom,

You can export your entire portfolio in MyPortfolio -> Export -> LEAP2A standard.

Next, you will have to log in as administrator on your other site and create a new user and upload the LEAP2A file for him. You cannot import a portfolio for an existing user, but you could make the views from the new user copyable and then have the already existing user copy them into their portfolio as suggested by Richard in http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1784.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 July 2010, 3:16

Many thanks Kristina.

Copying veiws isn't an option unfortunately as our college Mahara does not 'see' any view from this site.

So, in theory I could create a new user and then import my views and then make them copy-able?

Thanks again. (As you can see we've not been using Mahara very long!)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 July 2010, 16:39

Hello Tom,

No. Copying from one Mahara to another does not work. That's why you need the export and import first. I am sorry if it came across the wrong way.

You are correct in that you have to create a new user first, import the LEAP2A file and then make the view copyable.

The copying of the views is only necessary if your user already exists in your new Mahara site, e.g. linked via a Moodle login or having already created views. If he does not exist and you are also not linked to Moodle via Networking, you can just create the user and don't need the copying part.

Good luck and have fun with your own Mahara. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

4 results