Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Access to multiple views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 July 2010, 10:38

If I have a number of views linked to each other, similarly to the table of contents in this Mahara site: http://cterfile.ed.uiuc.edu/mahara/view/view.php?id=225,

is it possible to give someone access to all of the linked views at once, or do you need to give them access to each individual view in order for them to see all of the linked views?

Essentially I would like to create a view, that links to other views (in effect the linked views look like a website comprising of different pages) but I'd like to know the options for allowing people to access the views? Ideally, I'd like to be able to give users access to the first page and from there they are able to view the whole site, without having to give them access to each linked view individually.

If you have any other suggestions about how to do something similar that would be great.

Many thanks,
Helen

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 July 2010, 16:42

Hello Helen,

Currently, it is not possible to give access to multiple views at once. However, we are working on it because that is an often requested feature. We don't know yet though if it will be ready for the 1.3 release in a few weeks or sometime later.

Check the release notes for 1.3 when it comes out to see if we managed to include it. If you are subscribed to the News Forum, you will be informed about the release.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results