Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Email notifications in Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 December 2008, 6:04

Hello,

Great new site! I am proud of supporting the Mahara site ...

I have noticed that I received by email the request for new friends, but not the notifiications from the forum. 

I wonder it is only me because I haven't configured any of the settings, or if there is any problem in the email server.

Regards

Account deleted

02 December 2008, 7:47

Sadly, it seems that there is a bug in the forum post notification code that is preventing emails from being sent - a real annoyance since one reason for the new forums was that we'd get such notifications!

I plan to investigate this tomorrow, though it's our work christmas party so I might not manage to deploy a fix in time Wink

Sigi's profile picture

22 February 2010, 6:06

Hi Nigel, could this problem possibly have reurned to newer versions? I am getting insane about it and we have tested it on 2 differnet installations and the email from forum is just not being delivered- not even in the activity log......I know, you are no more responsible here- but you may have a clue? Even if you trigger the cron manually..   the people who are hosting our site must also be getting fed up with my nagging ;-)

Thanks 

Sigi

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 February 2010, 10:09

Hi Sigi,

It could be that there is a bug with the current notification file. We have had such a problem on our installation and Richard fixed it. Maybe when he is back from his short vacation, he can check the current stable version.

Kristina

Sigi's profile picture

26 February 2010, 11:17

Hi Kristina, thank you for replying. Yes, it was indeed a bug ( same old one ) and Nigel helped me  to get it fixed. It  was a bug in the code.... now eMAil for forum is working fine.

Sigi

Account deleted

08 March 2010, 0:43

Hello,

I am new to Mahara. But it seems that my forum does not send notification too. How can I fix that bug?

Thanks for assistance...

René

François Marier's profile picture

08 March 2010, 2:19

It's a bug when running Mahara on MySQL and we have a fix for it which will be in Mahara 1.2.4.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

08 March 2010, 5:12

Thanks for your reply.

I am not working with MySQL but do have the problem.

I would like to start using it in my classes. therefor it would be fantastic to get a work-around to fix it myself using 1.2.3. Is that possible?

Thank you very much...

René

Sigi's profile picture

08 March 2010, 5:14

Hi Rene, yes, that's what I told you last night. I fixed the bug with Nigel's help and will send you the patch for the cose later from home. am on a differnet PC now.... it's an easy fix.... and it worked fine after that!!!

Sigi

Just asked Nigel to post the patch here...

Account deleted

17 March 2010, 13:32

Has a patch finally been posted for Mahara 1.2.3 in the interim? Where might I be able to download it?
26 results