Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Importing LEAP2A

Craig Eves's profile picture

01 July 2010, 18:25

Thanks Dominique - this sounds like a likely cause and will get this checked.

François Marier's profile picture

27 June 2010, 17:02

As Kristina said, user imports are done by an administrator.

However, they work quite well now. The part that is not officially supported yet is, again for admins only, the bulk import facility.

Cheers,

Francois

17 October 2010, 21:22

I am logged in as an administrator and have tried several times to create a new user by uploading a previously exported Mahara1.3 portfolio.  I have exported the file using Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.  Both Firefox and Chrome export the file in a .zip format, Safari's export was not zipped.   I zipped it manually after export.  I tried creating a user using each of the files.  Regardless of which export I used, I got the error message: Failed to unzip the file recieved from the transport object.

I went to the "files" area and uploaded a different .zip file and was able to unzip it.  The strange thing is that it created two files: one with the original docs and another separate MAC OSx folder. I tried uploading the zipped LEAP file and then unzipping it in the "files" area of the portfolio.  It unzipped no problem. It did not create an OSx folder.

I am running snow leopard on a Mac PowerBook.

Please advise. 

Thanks,

Ellen

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 October 2010, 3:21

Hi Ellen-Marie,

Sorry, I can't help with the zip problem, but just a comment: I ran into the same issue that Safari unzips files automatically upon download. I haven't yet figured out how to stop that behaviour.

I don't have problems uploading Leap2A zip files and getting users for them. Just tried that on demo.mahara.org and another installation and it worked well.

Cheers

Kristina

14 results