Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Importing LEAP2A

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 June 2010, 3:21

Can you import LEAP2A files into Mahara if you are not an administrator?  I mean, can a user import their own LEAP2A, previously exported from another Mahara instance, into their current account?

Hope that makes sense...

Kylie

Account deleted

26 June 2010, 4:39

I believe individual user data imports are a work in progress.

I'm sure one of the developers can put this straight if I'm wrong.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 June 2010, 15:49

Hello Kylie and Gary,

User data (a previously exported portfolio in LEAP2A) can only be imported by an administrator. He has to create a new user and upload the LEAP2A file. An existing user's portfolio cannot be appended by another portfolio. It is always necessary to create a new user.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

28 June 2010, 0:03

So, users, for example, that are using PebblePad may as well continue using PebblePad as it cannot be imported into their Mahara account that has been created by Moodle/Mahara SSO because importing a LEAP package would create a new account?

Is this going to change?

Who wants to maintain two portfolios?

Account deleted

28 June 2010, 0:11

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Craig Eves's profile picture

28 June 2010, 20:44

Hi Gary

A work around to combine portfolios of your two userids would be to go to edit access of the views you want to copy and select Allow copying and give access to the other you.

Then you would login as the other you and copy the view/s - this copies all the blocks and files used in the view. 

regards

Craig

Craig Eves's profile picture

29 June 2010, 17:30

Hi Kristina

I thought I would try out the LEAP2A export/import to copy views from one mahara site to another (myportfolio)

I exported into the zip fiie successfully and then used Add User and Upload LEAP2A file and used another username.

This didn't work with the message - Failed to unzip the LEAP2A file. Check the error log for more information.

I am thinking it might be because the email address is duplicated but the error message doesn't say this it suggests that the unzipping program isn't setup correctly.

Any ideas?

Craig

29 June 2010, 19:34

Hi Craig,

I did not have any problems importing the same export file twice on the master.dev installation (Mahara 1.3). But I did encountered a different error on an 1.2 installation: "A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system". Surprised

The system creates the user, but does not import the portfolio. Could be a problem with the installation though. I have to find a different Mahara site to test it again.

Kristina

29 June 2010, 22:07

Hi Craig,

Your message may not have anything to do with the email address. I could successfully import a zipped LEAP2A export into Mahara 1.2 on the demo site twice.

Kristina

30 June 2010, 15:44

May I suggest to check you gave the path to zip/unzip program or library on your second Mahara platform ? I already had a such as problem long time ago and after fixing the path it worked.

Regards,

-dajan

14 results